Assalamu alaykum and hello to all. As a new blogger I wasn’t aware about blog awards, but there’s this floating accolade called ‘The Liebster Award’ that is circulating around, and one of my followers graciously chose ‘Islamic Inspiration’ as a recipient! What an honor, alhamdulillah:) Don Charisma (http://doncharisma.org) is the kind-hearted and appreciative blogger who nominated me. As a winner you have to answer a bunch of questions, so here’s my answers to Don’s questions:
1) What would you do if you could do anything and you knew you couldn’t fail?
That is a deep question. Oh man. Uhmm. Failure I suppose in the ‘worldy’ sense, right? Cuz there’s really no failure if you do things with the right intention.. oh man. I don’t know. Start a school or something?
2) Three reasons why WordPress.com is better than Facebook?
Interconnectivity 🙂 Stats 🙂 Scheduling 🙂
3) Who is (or was) the most influential person in your life?
Without a doubt, Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessing be upon him). The more I learn about him, the more I’m floored by his qualities. Subhanallah.
4) What’s your favourite thing to post about on your blog?
Reminders of what the true reality of this life is, and what our potential is.
5) How do you best handle heated/angry situations?
I try not to get drawn into those kinds of situations, but when I do I don’t always handle it as well as I’d like. All the advice in the world cannot make up for true taqwa (consciousness of God) when dealing with another person.
6) What is the most inspiring thing you’ve ever read, heard, or seen, and how has it helped you on your life’s journey?
The example of my parents, and the way they live a life of consciousness on a daily basis. May Allah increase them in steadfastness, and grant them jannatul firdous (The best of paradise). Ameen.
7) What do you think are the three qualities to building and maintaining good friendships/relationships?
Taqwa (Consciousness of Allah), knowledge (of your duties towards others), & common interests. There’s others, but I’d probably start with these three. For now.
8) How did you pick your blog’s name?
Oh man. I really hate this url. It was a total mistake. A cousin of mine (M, you know who you are) suggested I start a blog, so I did. That same day. I used a temporary email address which I didn’t realize would end up as the url (aargh, http://temp2012blog, really??). But as far as “Islamic Inspiration” goes, I felt it captured the essence of the purpose I had in mind for my blog. To inspire!
9) What is your favourite book/author, or film(movie)/director, or play/play-write, or song/band, or symphony/composer and why?
Saying “The Quran” would sound a little trite, and really, probably isn’t entirely accurate (Although I so wish it was). While I believe it is the greatest book, I don’t have the knowledge to be able to really appreciate its amazingness for myself. So I rely on other authors to give me a glimpse of the inspiration that eminates from it. There are so many authors and speakers that I wouldn’t be able to single anyone out right now. One day I hope to be able to drink directly from the source;) Insha-Allah, Ameen!
10) What’s your favourite recipe you make?
I take the dinner my darling wife prepared last night, put it in a bowl. Put a garnish of (the day before’s leftovers) on the side. And nuke it in the microwave 😛 Nuff said.
Many thanks again to Don Charisma for choosing Isamic Inspiration. I hope you stay inspired!